Join us for our Virtual Graduate Application Workshop on Saturday, November 4 at 10 a.m. Learn more about the application process to graduate school and important deadlines. Attendees receive a $50 application fee waiver following the event!
Fitchburg State University has been teaching educators since 1894 and has a proven track record of excellence in the School of Education. Whether you are looking to become a teacher, advance your career within the field, or add on an additional license, we have an option that is right for you. Most programs are 100% online, so you can complete coursework on your timeline at one of the most affordable universities in Massachusetts.
Some of the 100% online education programs will have limited onsync classes. Onsync classes are 100% online but will have synchronous class meeting times on a given day each week. More information on these class times can be found on our seats available list.
View our program options below. Not sure which program is right for you? Drop into one of our events to speak directly to a staff member or schedule an appointment today to speak to an advisor.
At the Center for Professional Studies (CPS) our courses, workshops and institutes provide an array of professional development opportunities including ways to earn PDPs (DESE-approved), graduate credit, and undergraduate credit. See what we have to offer.
Degree and Certificate Options in Education
- Early Childhood Education PreK-2 (Initial Licensure)
- Education, 5-12 (Initial Licensure)
- Education, 5-12 (Non-Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management (Non-Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management: Online Education Administration (Non-Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management: Principal/Assistant Principal (Non-Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management: School Principal (Initial Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management: Special Education Director (Non-Licensure)
- Educational Leadership and Management: Supervisor/Director (Initial Licensure)
- Elementary Education 1-6 (Initial Licensure)
- Occupational Education (Non-Licensure)
- Special Education: Guided Studies - Applied Behavior Analysis
- Special Education: Guided Studies - Dyslexia Specialist (Non-Licensure)
- Special Education: Guided Studies (Non-Licensure/Individualized Concentration)
- Special Education: Reading Specialist (Initial Licensure)
- Special Education: Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities (Initial Licensure, 5-12 or Pre-K-8)
- Special Education: Teacher of Students with Severe Disabilities (Initial Licensure)