We seek to reduce incidence and fear of crime, to partner with the community to solve problems, and to enhance public safety in a manner that is reasonable, unbiased, and transparent.
We strive to provide exemplary community-oriented policing services by creating partnerships and problem solving strategies that promote the safety, security, and well-being of our community.
We Support You
FALL 2020 UPDATE: The University Police Department will continue to provide services to all constituents during the Fall 2020 semester. This includes both face to face and remote methods of communication, (i.e., telephone, Rave Guardian) If you are in need of immediate assistance, or wish to schedule an appointment with a member of the department, you may go to the police station in person or contact our communications center at 978-665-3111. The station remains open and staff are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
More About University Police
It is the mission of the Fitchburg State University Police Department to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, to partner with the community to solve problems, to enhance public safety in a manner that is reasonable, unbiased, and transparent, to support students in their development and academic endeavors, and to be a collaborative resource for faculty, staff, and students.
Chief of Police
- Michael Cloutier, email@example.com
- Nicole Arcangeli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christopher Bouchard*, email@example.com
- Lawrence Teague, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Denotes Public Record Officers
- Timothy Grant, email@example.com
- Jacob Deschamps, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Justin Lawlor, email@example.com
- Ernie Fontaine, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Considine, email@example.com
- Niomi Gayle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Ramos, email@example.com
- William Bonczar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Francis, email@example.com
- Nicholas McLaughlin, Nmclaug5@fitchburgstate.edu
- Richard Nelson, Rnelson4@fitchburgstate.edu
- Joshua Folmer-LaFleur, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney Soares, email@example.com
- Kosta Agganis, Kagganis@fitchburgstate.edu
Fairness and Impartiality: We act with fairness, restraint, and impartiality in carrying out our responsibilities. We understand that our actions, combined with the way we treat members of the community, contribute to our “legitimacy” in the eyes of the public.
Integrity: We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy of the community’s trust.
Teamwork: We work together as one organization in carrying out the mission of the department. As individual members, we are respectful to each other and work collectively to solve problems in service of our community.
Collaboration: We value working in partnership with the community, to create and maintain a culture of mutual trust, with a goal of shared success and accomplishment.
Competence: We are public safety professionals, exhibiting a quiet confidence in the performance of our duties; accompanied by a desire for continuous improvement. We are responsive to the needs of the community and deliver services promptly and efficiently.
Please return any of the following forms to the University Police Station located at 32 Clinton Street, Fitchburg Ma 01420.
- Anonymous Witness Form
- Officer Complaint Form (PDF)
- Officer Commendation Form
- Officer Presentation Request (PDF)
- Request a Detail/Event Officer
- Request a Copy of a Public Record (PDF)
- Campus Security Authority Incident Report Form
- CORI/SORI Acknowledgement Form (PDF)
- Affirmative Action/Title IX
- Capital Planning & Maintenance
- Care Team
- Center for Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Fitchburg Anti-Violence Education (FAVE)
- Health Services
- Housing and Residential Services
- Parking Services
- Public Relations
- Office of Student Affairs
- Student Conduct & Case Management