Rave Guardian App FAQ
What Is Rave Guardian?
Rave Guardian is a free app for iOS and Android devices that provides safety services to Fitchburg State University employees and students.
How Does Rave Guardian Work?
The Rave Guardian app provides several tools you can use to enhance your safety on campus:
- Emergency calls and safety tips: Call or provide tips (including photos) to Campus Safety about an unsafe situation on campus or call 911 directly from the app.
- Directly contact with friends or family: Import contacts into the Rave Guardian app and communicate directly with trusted contacts.
- Set a safety timer: If you’re heading out alone, set a safety timer. The app automatically notifies your contacts if the timer expires before you disable it.
- Guard someone else: Receive safety notifications via the Rave Guardian app on behalf of others.
- Create a safety profile: Automatically share key information about yourself, including a photo and information about medical conditions or allergies, in the event of an emergency.
The app includes step-by-step instructions for configuring and using each of these tools.
How Can I Get Rave Guardian?
You can download the Rave Guardian app from the iOS App Store or Google Play.
How Do I Set Up Rave Guardian?
The Rave Guardian app walks you through each of the setup steps.
What if the Rave Guardian App Doesn't Install Correctly?
If you've downloaded the Rave Guardian app but it won't open on your mobile device, consult instructions for managing apps on your iOS or Android devices. For more assistance, stop by the IT Helpline desk in Conlon Hall.