Effective Friday, May 27, Hammond Hall will be closed until further notice because of emergency repairs to its heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Please contact the office via email during this time.
Our office strives to provide an inclusive space that honors the strengths, lived experience, and uniqueness of each individual. Our counselors provide services focused on wellness, growth, and self advocacy, in order to enhance your success at the university and in the larger community.
During the summer months, counseling sessions are reserved for students who are actively enrolled in the current summer session. If you are not enrolled in summer session courses, we are happy to assist you with referral options. Counseling Services will begin offering fall semester counseling during the first week of classes. Hours of service are:
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Students may schedule appointments with a counselor by calling 978.665.3152, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
In emergency situations, students should contact University Police at 978.665.3111, dial 911, or seek out emergency care at their local emergency room.
During the ongoing pandemic, Counseling Services staff assembled a number of resources that can be accessed remotely (e.g., self-care, mindfulness, relaxation, managing emotional balance during a pandemic).
Below are some additional resources that may be of benefit to you:
- Call2Talk : 508.532.2255
- Text2Talk : Text "C2T" to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800.799.7233
- Pathways for Change (Rape Crisis Center of Central Massachusetts) Hotline: 1.800.870.5905
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK
- Trans Lifeline 877.565.8860
- Robert Hynes, Ph.D., LMHC, Director / Assistant Dean, Student Affairs
- Lauren O'Brien, LMHC, Associate Director
- Amanda Sapienza, LMHC, Assistant Director / Coordinator, Fitchburg Anti-Violence Education (FAVE)
- Juliana Molina, LMHC, Counselor
- Claire Kramer, MA, Counselor
- Kelly Joyce, Administrative Assistant
- Anya Dangora (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)
- Nicolette Kolgraf (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)
- Yvonne Lewis (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)