Our office strives to provide an inclusive space that honors the strengths, lived experience, and uniqueness of each individual. Our counselors provide services focused on wellness, growth, and self advocacy, in order to enhance your success at the university and in the larger community.
For the academic year, Counseling Services staff will continue to provide both in-person and virtual counseling sessions. Students are able to indicate their preference when they connect to make an appointment.
Regular hours for the Counseling Services Office, during the academic year, are as follows:
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For the fall semester, sessions will also be offered, by appointment, on the following evenings:
Tuesday: 5 to 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 5 to 7 p.m.
During the regular academic year, enrolled students may contact the Counseling Services Office through any of the following means:
• E-mailing email@example.com
• Calling 978.665.3152
• Visiting Hammond 317
In emergency situations, students should contact University Police at 978.665.3111, dial 911, or seek out emergency care at their local emergency room.
During the ongoing pandemic, Counseling Services staff assembled a number of resources that can be accessed remotely (e.g., self-care, mindfulness, relaxation, managing emotional balance during a pandemic).
Below are some additional resources that may be of benefit to you:
- Call2Talk : 508.532.2255
- Text2Talk : Text "C2T" to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800.799.7233
- Pathways for Change (Rape Crisis Center of Central Massachusetts) Hotline: 1.800.870.5905
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK
- Trans Lifeline 877.565.8860
- Robert Hynes, Ph.D., LMHC, Director/Assistant Dean, Student Affairs
- Lauren O'Brien, LMHC, Associate Director
- Amanda Sapienza, LMHC, Assistant Director/Internship Coordinator
- Claire Kramer, MA, Counselor/Coordinator, Fitchburg Anti-Violence Education (FAVE)
- Selene Anaya, MA, Counselor
- Karley Petersen, MA, Counselor
- Nicolette Kolgraf, MA, Counselor
- Tara Candelmo, MA Candidate, Graduate Intern
- Christina DeMalia, MA Candidate, Graduate Intern
- Julia Kempster, MA Candidate, Graduate Intern
- Kelly Joyce, Administrative Assistant