Our office strives to provide an inclusive space that honors the strengths, lived experience, and uniqueness of each individual. Our counselors provide services focused on wellness, growth, and self advocacy, in order to enhance your success at the university and in the larger community.
For the fall 2021 semester, the Counseling Services office intends to provide services both in-person (with appropriate precautions, including face coverings), and via the "telehealth" platforms (e.g., video chat, phone) we have been using over the most recent academic year(s). Hours of service provision for the fall 2021 semester will be:
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Students may schedule appointments with a counselor by calling (978) 665-3152, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
In emergency situations, students should contact University Police at 978-665-3111, dial 911, or seek out emergency care at their local emergency room.
During the ongoing pandemic, Counseling Services staff assembled a number of resources that can be accessed remotely (e.g., self-care, mindfulness, relaxation, managing emotional balance during a pandemic).
Below are some additional resources that may be of benefit to you:
- Call2Talk : 508.532.2255
- Text2Talk : Text "C2T" to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800.799.7233
- Pathways for Change (Rape Crisis Center of Central Massachusetts) Hotline: 1.800.870.5905
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK
- Trans Lifeline 877.565.8860
- Robert Hynes, Ph.D., LMHC, Director / Assistant Dean, Student Affairs
- Lauren O'Brien, LMHC, Associate Director
- Amanda Sapienza, LMHC, Assistant Director / Coordinator, Fitchburg Anti-Violence Education (FAVE)
- Juliana Molina, MA, Counselor
- Claire Kramer, MA, Counselor
- Kelly Joyce, Administrative Assistant
- Anya Dangora (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)
- Nicolette Kolgraf (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)
- Yvonne Lewis (MA Candidate, Graduate Intern)