Enhance your administrative skills associated with a Special Education Administrator role with our 100% online graduate certificate.
New Program - Begins Fall 2021
This certificate program offers both specialized courses and experiences that equip graduate students with additional skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders in the area of Special Education Administration. This is an interdepartmental program, and although it stands on its own, the courses may be applied to the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and Management.
Administrative positions within special education can be very rewarding. Special Education Directors have active roles in decision-making, facilitating positive outcomes for students with special needs.
Curriculum and Other Information
SPED 9120 Special Education and the Law
EDLM 8028 Public School Finance, Human Resources, and Personnel Administration
EDLM 8XXX Leadership for Educational Teams (10-hour practicum included)
All required courses are three credit courses.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- An official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- An official transcript of a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or matriculation into a Fitchburg State master of education degree program
- Professional resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement (maximum 300 words). The statement should describe your goals and reasons for applying to this program and should include information about previous coursework, training or work experience related to the program.
- Graduate application and fee
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…