This program offers courses and experience that equip current school administrators with additional skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders in the area of Special Education Administration.
Learn more today.
This new program offers specialized courses and experience that equip current school administrators with additional skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders in the area of Special Education Administration. This is an interdepartmental program and although it stands on its own, is a part of the M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and Management.
While you can complete the program in as few as 2 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
Curriculum and Other Information
- Special Education Director Concentration, EDLM, M.Ed. - Program information from the University Catalog.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Submit graduate application and $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, with official transcripts
- Overall undergraduate GPA of not less than 2.8
- Official transcripts of graduate-level coursework from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)*
- Professional resume
- Students with undergraduate GPAs of less than 2.8 may also be considered for admission based on their professional work experience.
- No GMAT is required
- An essay, no more than one page in length, in response to one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a positive situation in which you helped a person and made a significant difference in that person’s life.
- What are the most important factors in establishing a long-term working relationship with students, friends, etc.?
- Tell us about a significant event that involved you in a teaching or helping mode.
- Describe the situation as it occurred at the time.
- What did you do in that particular situation?
- How did you feel about the situation at the time you were experiencing it?
- How do you feel about the situation now?
- What would you change, if anything?
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…
- Email an enrollment counselor email@example.com or call 978.665.3182
- Attend an Information Session
- Watch a webinar