Prepares you to meet the Massachusetts Professional Standards and Indicators for Administrative Leadership as a Supervisor/Director (P-12).
- Develop as a reflective, student-centered educator
- Effectively articulate and apply educational theory and research in the field of education
- Equip yourself with the skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders
What we're working on
Earn your M.Ed. In Educational Leadership and Management in as little as two years with a mix of online and on-campus courses. Learn more today.
This program is an interdepartmental program. Within this spirit, relationships between faculty members in education departments and other programs across the University have been allied.
Fitchburg State University is a member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), a national accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Fitchburg State University is working toward accreditation of its educator preparation programs under the AAQEP standards with an anticipated quality assurance review in Fall 2023.
While you can complete the program in as few as 2 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
Degrees and Other Information
- Supervisor/Director - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Two-Year Course Rotation (PDF)
- Candidates will be able to identify high quality standards based instruction and curriculum aligned to curriculum frameworks.
- Candidates analyze data to determine problems of practice, develop action plans, and monitor effectiveness of programming.
- Candidates develop strategies for engaging families and communities in the learning process.
- Candidates develop competency in navigating both state and federal laws, regulations, and guidance as it pertains to the field of education.
- Candidates are able to model and create an anti-racist inclusive environment for both students and staff that promotes equity while celebrating differences.
- Candidates are able to evaluate teacher quality as it relates to teacher standards designated by the state.
- Candidates develop the skill necessary to implement strategic change using data and research based practices.
- Candidates will develop proficiency in using and evaluating educational technology.
- Candidates will develop the skills necessary to perform budgetary processes, and personnel administration, in a fiscally responsible and ethical manner.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- An official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Copy of initial or professional teaching license
- Passing scores for the Communications and Literacy subtest of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- A minimum of three years teaching experience under an initial or professional license (for licensure candidates)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- An essay, no more than one page in length, in response to one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a positive situation in which you helped a person and made a significant difference in that person’s life.
- What are the most important factors in establishing a long-term working relationship with students, friends, etc.?
- Tell us about a significant event that involved you in a teaching or helping mode.
- Describe the situation as it occurred at the time.
- What did you do in that particular situation?
- How did you feel about the situation at the time you were experiencing it?
- How do you feel about the situation now?
- What would you change, if anything?
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…
- Email an enrollment counselor firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978.665.3182
- Attend an Information Session
- Watch a webinar