The university’s undergraduate Occupational/Vocational Education degree program provides students with a blend of academic, vocational technical teaching, and elective learning opportunities.
- You will be educated in comprehensive personnel development, which responds to specific occupational updating, professional growth and enhancement, and state-of-the-art information sharing for and with vocational technical educators.
- You'll learn through the program's teaching approach, which brings about desired changes in the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and appreciation level of those in training.
Earn your bachelor's degree in occupational/vocational education.
Learn more today.
A significant component of the occupational/vocational education bachelor of science is its availability to students at off-campus vocational technical school sites located across Massachusetts.
Job relevance and valid, reliable, vocational technical practice is attained through participatory planning and affiliation with industry, vocational technical school practitioners, professional associations and representatives of the University.
The program offers up to 12 credits in recognition of the work experiences of the participating students. Candidates may apply for the trade experience credit after completing 80 credits in the program.
Courses are offered at various regional vocational high schools. In addition, many of the required courses are also available online.
Career opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Vocational Technical Instructor
- Cooperative Education Coordinator
- Vocational Program Director or Coordinator
These career opportunities have additional requirements, but the bachelor's degree is the minimum degree required for these licensed administrative positions.
- Accredited by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (MA DOE)
- Affiliated with the Massachusetts Association of Vocational Administrators (MAVA)
Curriculum and Other Information
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…