Our educator licensure programs are nationally recognized by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and we are one of only seven nationally accredited programs in Massachusetts. These programs have been reviewed by colleagues from the teacher preparation programs across the country and meet the highest level of excellence in preparing future education personnel.
Through its collaborations with area schools and school districts, Fitchburg State also sponsors a Center for Professional Studies for school personnel. The Education Unit coordinates with the CPS as well as the University's Graduate and Continuing Education Division, which also supports an extensive number of extended campus programs through educational partnerships with nonprofit and for-profit organizations. Taken together, these programs make the University's continuum of offerings a seamless system for educator preparation.
Within our programs is a shared Conceptual Framework, as well as widespread incorporation of the core propositions of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) standards for what accomplished teachers in all areas should know and be able to do.
Fitchburg State is proud of its historic mission as a teachers university, in the context of an excellent liberal arts and science education. Whether you are a student, parent, faculty member, staff member, or education partner, we hope you find this Website and related links useful.
Annual Reporting and Accountability Measures
Practicum, IPP and OSI Dates
- Station 1: Monday, January 25, 2021 to Friday, March 19, 2021
- Station 2: Monday, March 22, 2021 to Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Fall 2021 Practicum Dates:
- Station 1: Thursday, September 2, 2021 to Friday, October 22, 2021
- Station 2: Monday, October 25, 2021 to Thursday, December 9, 2021
- IPP Station 1: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 to March 23, 2021
- IPP Station 2: Monday, March 16, 2021 to Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Fall 2021 IPP Dates:
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021 to Tuesday, December 7, 2021
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021 to Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Session 1: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4pm – 5:30pm Eastern Time
- Session 2: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4pm – 5:30pm Eastern Time
- Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:30pm – 6:15pm Eastern Time