Prepares students for a variety of careers in communication fields within business, industry, government, nonprofit, and health services.
- Applied understanding of social media theories and practice
- Design and management of social media content
- Ability to design and execute a social media campaign
What we're working on
Earn your master's degree in as little as two years. Learn more about our
100% online M.S. in Applied Communication.
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos.
This accelerated 100% Online Social Media concentration is designed to meet rigorous academic and career training goals, in line with the employment outlook for careers requiring a master’s degree in Communication and Media Studies, and related disciplines.
- Social Media Manager
- Marketing Manager/Director
- Communications Manager
- Director of Media Relations
- Communications Specialist
- Brand Manager
- Public Relations Director
While you can complete the program in as few as five months, you have six years to complete the program.
The program schedule was flexible, which allowed me to work full time and I was able to develop projects that were implemented in my job as a Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer.
Degrees and Other Information
- MS, Applied Communication, Social Media Concentration - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Two-Year Course Rotation (PDF)
Applied Communication, Social Media Concentration students will be able to:
- Critically conceptualize social media within historical and social contexts
- Identify and assess the ethical implications of social media uses
- Collect and analyze research data, and contextualize research findings
- Design, plan, monitor, manage, evaluate and revise social media content and campaigns
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- No GRE or MAT exams required