The Theater concentration provides you the opportunity each semester to perform full-scale theatrical productions that are produced and directed by our theater faculty and students.
- 8 year participation at the University Resident Theatre Auditions and the International Satellite Auditions in NYC
- 100% callbacks - national and international from highly respected graduate schools, professional actor training programs, professional studios and/or professional theaters
Our theater professors are members of professional unions and they act and direct in Boston and New York City. Productions range from the Greeks to the contemporary repertoire. By the time our students graduate, after completing a required 12-credit professional internship, they will have acquired a wide range of skills and a repertoire of material that will support their goals of either pursuing further studies at the graduate level or directly entering the profession.
Theater Professor Kelly Morgan talks about the program at Fitchburg State.
He was the 2017 recipient of the Vincent J. Mara Excellence in Teaching Award.
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival
The Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Theater Concentration, Communications Media - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
B.S. in Communications Media
- Students should demonstrate proficiency in the core tools and skills of their discipline.
- Students should be able to apply aesthetic principles to their work by developing and defending a portfolio that demonstrates craftship and meets professional standards for their discipline.
- Students should be able to explain how their work fits in the historical and theoretical context of their discipline.
- Students should apply core theoretical principles to the analysis and critique of media.
- Students should recognize and apply ethical perspectives to their work.
- Performance Center Manager