The minor in Game Design presents an opportunity for students to develop skills related to the planning and design of games. Students will explore game design and development while maintaining their major of study.
Minors in Game Design will, through a combination of required courses and electives, be exposed to and attain competency in the following concepts, practices and skills:
- Analytical understanding of games, gameplay and game elements
- A historical and critical perspective of games and design
- Experience working in a player-focused interactive design process
- Proficiency in several digital 2D and 3D game level design engines
- Principles of computer programming and logic
- Games as a communication medium and as aesthetic expression
Students may not take courses in the minor until they have been accepted.
Curriculum and Requirements
Visit our University Catalog for more information about this minor.