Offers courses and experiences that equip school administrators with the skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders.
- Advance teaching and learning through school transformation, with a concentration in school administration or curriculum
- Strengthen the role power and politics plays in schools and districts along with research skills and data analysis required to support and advance caring, competent, and qualified teachers and school leaders
Already have a master's degree? Earn your Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) in Educational Leadership and Management in as little as two years with a mix of online and hybrid courses. Learn more today.
The Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies in Educational Leadership and Management, Non-Licensure concentration, offers courses and experience that equip school administrators with the skills and competencies necessary for becoming effective educational leaders.
The CAGS program in Educational Leadership and Management, Non-Licensure concentration, is designed for candidates to:
- Develop competencies in managerial skills related to political arenas, personnel, fiscal affairs, acquisition of material resources, diverse publics and pupil populations and organizational change
- Strengthen, deepen and expand the knowledge base in the field of leadership and management in order to anticipate and to solve current and future problems inherent in the educational system
- Demonstrate through course work and field-based experiences the knowledge, skills and dispositions that are required to collaboratively lead and manage an educational enterprise effectively and efficiently to improve teaching and learning
While you can complete the program in as few as two years, you have six years to complete the program.
Degrees and Other Information
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admission requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- Graduate application and fee
- An essay, no more than one page in length, in response to one of the following questions:
- Tell us about a positive situation in which you helped a person and made a significant difference in that person’s life.
- What are the most important factors in establishing a long-term working relationship with students, friends, etc.?
- Tell us about a significant event that involved you in a teaching or helping mode.
- Describe the situation as it occurred at the time.
- What did you do in that particular situation?
- How did you feel about the situation at the time you were experiencing it?
- How do you feel about the situation now?
- What would you change, if anything?