The Communication Studies concentration provides for advanced studies of the theoretical constructs necessary for strategic analysis, design, application, research, and evaluation of a variety of media systems.
What we're working on
The concentration provides foundational preparation for graduate studies in communications and a number of related fields.
NOTE: This concentration may only be taken after one of the following communications media concentrations:
- Film/Video Production Concentration
- Graphic Design Concentration
- Photography Concentration
- Professional Communication Concentration
- Technical Theater Concentration
- Theater Concentration
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Communication Studies Concentration, Communications Media - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
B.S. in Communications Media
- Students should demonstrate proficiency in the core tools and skills of their discipline.
- Students should be able to apply aesthetic principles to their work by developing and defending a portfolio that demonstrates craftship and meets professional standards for their discipline.
- Students should be able to explain how their work fits in the historical and theoretical context of their discipline.
- Students should apply core theoretical principles to the analysis and critique of media.
- Students should recognize and apply ethical perspectives to their work.
- Advertising Manager
- Communications Manager
- Social Media Manager