The Fine and Performing Arts concentration provides you with a strong interdisciplinary grounding in music, studio art, and/or theater.
- Take command of your own educational goals and design your own program in the arts.
- Focus on performance, and design your own program that combines music and theatre.
- Combine your arts fields to design a capstone project that relates directly to the kind of work you want to do when you graduate, and serves as a springboard for your future.
The Interdisciplinary Studies concentration in Fine and Performing Arts allows you to design your own major in the arts, by combining courses in visual art, music, and/or theater in a package that meets your own specific interests and career goals. The program gives you the creative and conceptual tools to integrate different arts disciplines in order to address the contemporary issues and changing frontiers of knowledge in an increasingly global society.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BA, Fine and Performing Arts Concentration, Interdisciplinary Studies - Program information from the University Catalog.
- BS, Fine and Performing Arts Concentration, Interdisciplinary Studies - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plans of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
- Graduate studies in line with individualized curriculum (master of arts in education, master of fine arts in art, graphic design, or theatre, etc.).
- Work in arts management in a regional cultural institution.
- Success in today’s rapidly changing workplace requires individual initiative, flexible “outside-the-box” thinking, and an ability to define one’s own professional goals; the individualized interdisciplinary studies degree challenges you to do exactly that.