Pursue careers in historical research, writing, post-secondary level teaching, and for secondary teachers pursuing advanced study in history.
- Choose from classes in US, European, and World History
- Find in-person feel in distance learning
- Advance your career goals on a time-table that meets your needs
What we're working on
The History (MA, online) program offers online courses throughout the year, as well as summer institutes on campus to provide opportunities for high-impact classroom experiences and collaboration. The program may be completed 100% online if you prefer the convenience and flexibility online courses offer.
- Teaching and education
- Historical researcher
- Post-secondary level history teacher
While you can complete the program in as few as three years, you have six years to complete the program.
This program incorporated technology into the curriculum, but the direct support of the faculty was always apparent. An excellent blend of traditional teaching and cutting edge instructional method.
Degrees and Other Information
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with (but not limited to) a major or minor in history from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- For those pursuing the MA degree, a writing sample must be submitted. This may include an undergraduate-level term paper or a published article and should be the equivalent of at least 10 typed, double-spaced pages and include footnotes and a bibliography.
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- No GRE or MAT exams required
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…