The Pre-Law 3+3 program is designed to prepare you for the expectations of law school. Earn both a bachelor's and a juris doctor degree in six years.
- Complete both your bachelor’s degree (BS) and juris doctor degree (JD) in six years
- Save one full year of undergraduate tuition
- Enjoy the high quality and great value of two public universities
- Have guaranteed admission to the law school
Fitchburg State University has partnered with UMass Law to allow motivated students to finish both a bachelor’s degree (BS) juris doctor degree (JD) in six years.
Qualified Fitchburg State undergraduates may enter the Fitchburg State and UMass Law 3 + 3 Program and substitute the first year at UMass Law for the senior year at Fitchburg State. By meeting all program requirements, qualified students enjoy guaranteed admission to the UMass Dartmouth Law School. Admissions and GPA requirements of both institutions apply.
How It Works
- Students complete their Fitchburg State University coursework in three years and then use their first year of law school to satisfy their final year of undergraduate work.
Fitchburg State/U-Mass School of Law 3+3 Timeline
- Interested students should contact the Fitchburg State pre-law advisor Dr. Paul Weizer at email@example.com for information or to declare their interest in the program by their sophomore year
- Students register with LSAC, take LSAT (ideally students will take the LSAT in September, but they can also take it at a later date)
- Once the student receives their LSAT score, they will apply to UMASS School of Law. Application fee will be waived. They may apply assuming they meet the requirements-at least 150 on LSAT and 3.0 GPA minimum.
Student completes first year of law school and completes the necessary paperwork to transfer those courses back to Fitchburg State to complete their degree.
Curriculum and Other Information
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Minimum LSAT score of 150
- Favorable decision from the joint admissions committee, which includes an interview during the sophomore year
- Meet all other law school admission requirements