The electronics engineering technology concentration teaches you to build, test, program, and troubleshoot electrical circuitry.
The Electronics Engineering Technology concentration prepares you for positions in the field of electronics by developing the theoretical and practical skills required for this discipline. Electronic circuits are the building blocks of the technology revolution. Professionals who can build, test, program, and troubleshoot electrical circuitry are a key resource for today’s tech-dependent businesses.
With an emphasis on experiential learning, the Electronics Engineering Technology concentration features a hands-on approach that offers real experiences with both software and hardware. The skills you need are acquired through a planned sequence of courses involving classroom work with the most modern testing and measuring equipment.
Our mission is to develop individuals who are innovative in problem solving, understand the inherent value of design, have high ethical standards, are skilled in communication, are cognizant of their responsibility for a sustainable future, and are responsive to change.
Graduates of the program will have the following:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes, and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams
Graduates are prepared for careers, both regionally and nationally, in this rapidly changing field and can also pursue post-graduate studies in this field or complementary disciplines such as a Master's in Business Administration, etc.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Electronics Engineering Technology Concentration, Engineering Technology - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.