This program leads to a bachelor of science degree in Engineering Technology (120 credit hours) with concentrations of study offered in Architecture, Electronics Engineering Technology, Energy Management Engineering Technology, and Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
The Engineering Technology Program focuses on the hands-on implementation of engineering principles supported by a strong knowledge of mathematics and science. You'll apply learned competencies to design products, processes, and systems.
The program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology (120 credit hours).
Graduates are qualified to pursue licensure as a professional engineer.
Our mission is to develop individuals who are innovative in problem solving, understand the inherent value of design, have high ethical standards, are skilled in communication, are cognizant of their responsibility for a sustainable future, and are responsive to change.
Graduates of the program will have the following:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components, or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member as well as a leader on technical teams.