The Applied Science and Technology degree focuses on the hands-on application, implementation, and management of science and technology. Students apply their learned competencies to manage processes and systems.
The Applied Science and Technology Program relates scientific and technological knowledge.
The mission of the Applied Science and Technology program is to provide students with comprehensive academic and technical skills that are required to prepare competent professionals, capable of meeting the needs of industry.
Our vision is to develop individuals who are innovative and collaborative in problem solving, understand the inherent value of design, have high ethical standards, are skilled in communication, are cognizant of their responsibility for a sustainable future, and are responsive to change.
A practicum is only required for the Technology/Engineering Education 5-12 Licensure Concentration.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Applied Science and Technology - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
Upon graduation from the Applied Science and Technology program, our students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline.
- Formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs.
- Develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Understand ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, and analyze risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
- Education Unit and Licensure Office
- International Technology Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA) Standards
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DOE)
- Massachusetts Technology Education/Engineering Collaborative (MassTEC)
- Technology Education Association of Massachusetts (TEAM)