Our health professions advising program will help guide you on your path to a career in pharmacy.
There are two options for the program, involving 3-4 years at Fitchburg State, and 3-4 years at LECOM.
Provisionally accepted applicants are required to take certain courses and a specified course load:
- 6 Semester Credit Hours of English
- 8 Semester Credit Hours of Biology with Laboratory
- 8 Semester Credit Hours of General Chemistry with Laboratory
- 8 Semester Credit Hours of Organic Chemistry with Laboratory
- 3 Semester Credit Hours of Physics
- 3 Semester Credit Hours of Calculus
- 3 Semester Credit Hours of Statistics
- 3 Semester Credit Hours of Economics
- 3 Semester Credit Hours of Psychology or Sociology
- 15 Semester Credit Hours of General Education Electives
TOTAL: 60 credit hours
- General Education Electives should be in subject areas other than the above prerequisites, such as humanities and social sciences.
- CLEP credits may not be used to satisfy any of the minimum requirements. No grade lower than “C” will be accepted. Credits from Pass/Fail courses will not be accepted. AP credits may be used to satisfy requirements in English or behavioral sciences if a score of 4 or 5 was achieved.
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA must be maintained, as well as 3.0 science GPA each semester. Final requirements are an overall GPA of 3.4, and science GPA of 3.2 or better.
- This early acceptance program removes the requirement of the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT).
- EAP students in pharmacy are not required to attend the affiliated student on-campus day but are encouraged to do so.
EAP Doctor of Pharmacy Program Advisor: Dr. Ron Krieser
Antonucci Science Complex, Room 338