Our health professions advising program will help guide you on your path to a career in osteopathic medicine.
Provisionally accepted applicants (EAP Students) will be required to take certain courses and a specified course load of 15 credits or higher per semester.
- 6 Semester Credit Hours of English
- 6 Semester Credit Hours of Behavioral Science
- 8 Semester Credit Hours of Physics including two labs
- 8 Semester Credit Hours Biology including two labs
- 8 Semester Credit Hours Inorganic/General Chemistry including two labs
- 8 Semester Credit Hours Organic Chemistry including two labs
- 3 Semester Credit Hours Biochemistry
- 3 Semester Credit Hours Genetics
- CLEP may not be used to satisfy any of the minimum requirements. No grade lower than "C" will be accepted. Credit for Pass/Fail courses will not be accepted.
- LECOM will only accept AP credits for English and behavioral science courses and only if the student scores a four (4) or five (5) on the AP exam. A replacement course of equal or greater credit hours applicable to the field of medicine or a course of similar academic rigor, if approved by the Phase I advisor, must be taken at Fitchburg State University.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 must be maintained each semester, as well as 3.0 and science GPA. Final requirements are an overall GPA of 3.4, and science GPA of 3.2 or better, as well as the bachelor’s degree from Fitchburg State University. Once earned, you may enter the D.O. degree program at the LECOM campus of your choosing.
- LECOM prefers that all LECOM required courses be taken at an Affiliated Institution but will accept transfer credits for courses with a grade of “C” or better that are accepted by the Affiliated Institution. The number of transfer credits from a Post-Secondary Institution not affiliated with LECOM may not exceed 65 credit hours.
- Be enrolled in the EAP at an Affiliated Institution as a full-time student for at least the two consecutive years immediately preceding LECOM matriculation;
- EAP students matriculating to the LECOM College of Medicine will be exempt from the MCAT exam requirement if the student achieves the required AIS score of 115 one year prior to matriculating to LECOM and has met the minimum SAT score requirement at the time of acceptance. EAP students not meeting the Academic Index Score requirement or not having the minimum SAT score must take the MCAT and earn a score of 500 or higher prior to December 1 of their Senior year at Fitchburg State.
- The year prior to their LECOM matriculation, all EAP enrolled students must attend the affiliated student on-campus day. An affiliate student on-campus day will be held at the Erie campus and at the Bradenton campus. Failure to attend the on-campus day event will result in the loss of the reserved seat.
EAP Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) Program Advisor: Dr. Ron Krieser
Antonucci Science Complex, Room 338
Internships are a great opportunity to get valuable, real-world experiences before entering a competitive job market.Read more about: Internship
Faculty-led study abroad course opportunities increase student life-transforming experiences, as do student/faculty cooperative research projects.Read more about: Study Abroad