The Neuroscience and Behavior concentration examines the interrelationships between the nervous system and behavior.
- Gain background knowledge in neuroscience and psychology
- Experimental Design
- Data Analysis
- Presentation Skills
Students interested in bridging the traditional disciplines of biology and psychology focus on nervous system function and how it relates to behavior. The interdisciplinary training received prepares students for careers broadly related to the neural, behavioral and cognitive sciences.
Core biology courses involve student laboratory work to develop the skills of scientific inquiry. Student training includes a strong foundation in bioethics which is fostered within the curriculum. Students become aware of career potentials by close association with their academic advisors.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Neuroscience and Behavior Concentration, Biology - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
Students are prepared for a variety of career paths in academic, industrial, or clinical settings broadly related to the neural and behavioral sciences.
- Basic research in the neural and behavioral sciences
- Applied research
- Marketing and sales in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and biomedical industries
- Occupational therapy