Gain a rigorous background in the fundamentals of creative writing with our 100% online graduate certificate.
The 12 credit graduate certificate in Creative Writing is designed for students looking to:
- prepare their creative writing for publication.
- prepare materials to apply to MFA or PhD programs.
- learn about the marketplace for creative writing.
- become a member of a writing community and to gain valuable experience from working with actively publishing professional writers.
The program offers courses in poetry and prose throughout the year, and during the summer. Although you can complete the program in as little as one year, you have six years to complete the program.
Graduates could get a job as an editor, freelance writer, novelist, or professor, or they could pursue an MFA or doctoral program.
Curriculum and Other Information
- Students will learn how to prepare their creative writing for publication.
- Students will learn how to prepare materials for application to MFA or Ph.D. Programs.
- Students will learn about the marketplace for creative writing and how to become a member of the writing community.
- Students will gain experience about the field by working with actively publishing professional writers.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- An official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- 10 page sample of creative writing
- Graduate application and fee