Student Support - SGOCE Student Resource Center

SGOCE Student Support

In addition to what's below, the Registrar maintains a form library of commonly requested forms

Transfer Information

Collaborating with Fitchburg State to finish your bachelor's degree opens up possibilities that will last you a lifetime. Below you will find links to resources that can help you understand the transition into Fitchburg State University.

Transfer Evaluation

Transfer evaluations are done upon acceptance into one of our programs. To view your transfer evaluation you will need to view our online degree audit tool DegreeWorks to view which courses transfer in and which ones are remaining to finish your degree with Fitchburg State.

Instructions to access DegreeWorks:

  1. Login to Web4 (Student ID @ and Pin are needed).
  2. Click on Enter Secure Area and log-in.
  3. Click on the Student tab. 
  4. Click on Degree Evaluation (Falcon Key credentials are needed)

For graduate students looking to transfer graduate credits, please view Transfer of Credit information in the Academic Catalog under Admissions.

Sometimes life throws us curveballs, we have a plan for that!

When taking a break, it is important to remember that each graduate course has a 6 year shelf life. The clock starts once you take your first course. When it comes time to graduate make sure that your oldest course is not more than 6 years old.

Whether you need a semester or two off or a year or more it is not a bad idea to request a Leave of Absence. Complete the Graduate Program Request for Leave of Absence form under Registrar Forms>Student Forms and we will follow up when it is time for you to return to complete your studies.

If you are not planning on remaining in your program you can request a formal withdrawal by emailing us at

Here are some links to help you navigate our website.

Several offices and departments offer resources for our students.

A graduate student will be placed on probation if:

  • Their overall GPA falls below 3.0.
  • They receive a failing grade (below 2.0) in any course; students who fail a course must retake the course the next time it is offered in order to replace the failing grade with a passing grade.

Students on probation have one year to raise their GPA to 3.0 or better. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.

A graduate student enrolled in a program may be dismissed if:

  • The student is found in violation of the Academic Integrity Policy
  • The student violates ethical/professional standards as defined by the profession and/or the academic department
  • The student receives failing grades (below 2.0) in two or more courses
  • The student’s GPA remains below 3.0 for three consecutive semesters

A graduate student who is dismissed from a program may seek readmission after one semester, but the decision for readmission rests with the department and/or the Dean of the School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education, and is considered final.