We're making sure you get the type of support you need, whatever that is.
Throughout the semester there are several ways in which we can help. Just click one of the following or scroll down to see them all.
Prefer to submit your question in writing? Use our Ask a Tutor feature.
- Need a tutor right now? During our regular hours (M-Th, 10-7:30, F, 10-2:30), check SSC to see if there's a tutor available immediately! If a tutor is available, you can sign up and get a link to meet with an online tutor right away.
- If you know you'll need an appointment (for an exam, paper, or project), or you just want to be sure a tutor is available, you can make your own appointments.
- If you want to make several regular appointments for a challenging class, you can do it yourself. You can also call 978.665.3499, stop in at the Tutor Center (Hammond 306), or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help making appointments.
While the university is offering all remote instruction, we are offering online tutoring. By making an appointment through SSC/ Navigate, you can set up a tutoring time for the future, or you can find a tutor who's available now!
- When you sign up for online tutoring through SSC, you get an automated email with a link to your online tutoring session, enabling you to join immediately.
- We are using Google Docs and Google Jamboard to help tutors and students work together.
- Email email@example.com if you need help making an appointment.
If you have a non-urgent question for a tutor, you can submit it in writing through Ask-a-Tutor. Submit your questions in writing and someone will email you within 24 - 48 weekday hrs. (Tutors don't work on weekends.) You must be logged into your Fitchburg State account.
Academic Coaches offer individualized, workshop-based, or in-class support for key college-level student success skills, such as time management, motivation, and concentration.
- While the university is offering all remote instruction, Academic Coaching appointments are available online or by phone. Please make an appointment through SSC. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help making an appointment.
- Go directly to SSC: https://fitchburg.campus.eab.com/
Faculty and Staff can request that an Academic Coach do a workshop in your class, Residential Learning Community, or event.
Peer mentors are fellow students here to provide academic and social support to new students enrolled in First Year Experience seminars.
- Your peer mentor can help you figure out all the resources the university has to offer and can share "tips and tricks" to help you excel in college!
Peer mentors offer Academic Success Workshops, focusing on the skills you need to shine here at Fitchburg State. From APA formatting to metacognition, they're here for you!
We are so proud of all you have achieved! Thank you for all the talent, skill, compassion, and humor you've brought to the ACT Center. We couldn't do it without you, and we'll miss you so much. We're excited to see how you're going to change the world!
Walk-In, Online, and Small Group Services
Connect With Our Staff
|From left to right: Morgan Hakala, Lisa Bauer, Andy Linscott, Ellen Hughes, Kat McLellan, Jen Abbott|
|Kat McLellan, Director of Academic Coaching and Tutoring Center
|Jen Abbott, Academic Support Specialist
|Morgan Hakala, Academic Coach
|Andy Linscott, Academic Coach
|Ellen Hughes, Administrative Assistant|
|Lisa Bauer, Academic Support Specialist
|Tracy Foster, Placement Testing Coordinator