A degree in entrepreneurship will serve as a resource to provide entrepreneurial, small business guidance and assistance within your local community and beyond.
Students in the entrepreneurship concentration interests may range from business and technical to not-for-profit ideas that aim for social and environmental organizations that can change the world. You will be able to demonstrate how to use and apply a creative entrepreneurial mindset and skills to better identify business opportunities for innovation, challenge the status quo in any field, and implement sustainable change. This concentration is also for anyone who aims to be an innovative change leader within emerging or established companies as an intrapreneur.
Check out the Burg Blog to see images and learn more about opportunities in our entrepreneurship program
Curriculum and Other Information
- Students will gain the entrepreneurial mindset and growth through strategic planning and starting their own businesses.
- Students will learn organizational and business legal and ethical principles and understand what it means to act with ethics.
- Students will assume the role of financing, marketing, and organizing in a start-up venture.
- Students will work effectively with other individuals and in teams, using quantitative, qualitative, and technology-enhanced approaches while implementing their own business.
- Students will become business innovation thought leaders as an intrapreneur in existing existing companies.
- Business owner
- Business manager
- Business consultant
- Financial advisor
- Marketing manager
- Not-for-profit fundraiser
- Product developer
- Sales manager