In addition to the liberal arts and sciences base, all business administration students complete a core curriculum to gain a broad knowledge of all areas of the program.
- Succeed in your chosen field - within six months of graduating, more than 93 percent of business graduates have found employment.
- Get job placement - 83 percent of our graduates report finding full-time positions within six months of graduation, with an average salary of $42,000.
- Graduate with long-term prospects - the skills, knowledge base and adaptability you acquire during your time on campus prepare you for the inevitable changes in the marketplace. Through coursework and co-curricular experiences, you can prepare for the one constant in your professional life: change.
Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs by
U.S. News & World Report. Learn more today.
Students in the accounting concentration receive in-depth understanding of accounting as well as taxation, auditing, business law, and choose from additional advanced business electives based on their area of interest.
If job placement is a standard of success, then graduates of the Business Administration Department have been very successful. Within six months of graduating, more than 93 percent of business graduates have found employment in their chosen fields. Business majors do well in the marketplace. Eighty-three percent of our graduates report finding full-time positions within six months of graduation, with an average salary of $42,000.
More important than immediate success, though, are the long-term prospects for Fitchburg State graduates. The skills, knowledge base and adaptability students acquire during their time on campus prepare them for the inevitable changes in the marketplace. Through coursework and co- curricular experiences, students can prepare for the one constant in their professional lives: change.
The graduate and undergraduate business administration programs at Fitchburg State University are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) is among the premier professional accreditors for business programs in student-centered colleges and universities throughout the world. The IACBE exists to promote, develop, and recognize excellence in business education. The IACBE accredits business degree programs in colleges and universities through the United States and internationally. The Business Administration Department acknowledges public notification of accreditation by IACBE and adheres to Public Disclosure of Student Achievement.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BS, Accounting Concentration, Business Administration - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plan of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
- Budget Analyst
- Business Manager
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Manager
- Government Accounting
- Internal or External Auditing
- Management Accountant
- Non Profit Organizations
- Revenue Analyst