Provides you with the business skills and financial knowledge necessary to become leaders in business and in administration.
- Develop strong analytical skills and informed decision making for professional environments
- Learn social responsibility and sensitivity to cultural diversity as it relates to the broadening world market
What we're working on
Get your career on track with a Fitchburg State MBA. Expand your options for employment in the business world -- learn more about our Master of Business Administration, accounting concentration.
The on-campus MBA program offers both on-campus and 15-week online courses.
If you're enrolled in the MBA program and have a GPA of 3.00 or higher, you may request to enroll in one additional concentration. You may choose a dual concentration option after your first semester. If you've been approved for a dual concentration option you must complete the course requirements for each concentration. Courses completed can only be counted once towards one concentration. If you're approved for a dual concentration then you will be required to meet the requirements for the catalog year in which your dual concentration is approved.
All concentrations are eligible for the dual concentration option.
Dual Concentration Options
Students in a dual concentration will complete a total of 39 credits. Courses completed in the program can only be applied towards one required course in the program or concentration. Students seeking a dual concentration must complete a Dual Concentration Request Form (PDF).
- Internal or External Auditing
- Government Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Budget Analyst
While you can complete the program in as few as 2 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
Curriculum and Other Information
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript of a bachelor’s degree, preferably with (but not limited to) a major or minor in history from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Professional resume
- For those pursuing the MA degree, a writing sample must be submitted. This may include an undergraduate-level term paper or a published article and should be the equivalent of at least 10 typed, double-spaced pages and include footnotes and a bibliography.
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- No GRE or MAT exams required
- Official scores for English Language Proficiency:
- IELTS Minimum score 6.5 or
- TOEFL Minimum score of 79
- General evaluation of foreign transcripts - Following are suggested organizations which provide foreign credential evaluation services:
For additional information please see the International Applicants Guide (PDF).
International Applicant Resources
Questions related to visas, I-20, OPT/CPT:
Office of International Education: 978.665.3089
Questions related to application/admission:
Questions related to program requirements:
Graduate & Continuing Education: 978.665.3182
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…