Obtain competitive skills and knowledge to succeed as computer scientists in the constantly developing high-technology marketplace on-campus or 100% online.
- Prepare to innovate in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory to real-word problems
- Learn to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program
What we're working on
The deadline for Spring 2024 applications is passed. Admission notifications for the M.S in Computer Science program will be relayed to applicants who met the deadline on Monday, October 16, 2023.
The job growth outlook for computer scientists for 2018-2028 is 16%. This projected job growth is much faster than average.*
Most jobs for computer scientists require a master’s degree in computer science or a related field. Maximize your options for employment as a computer scientist -- learn more about our Master of Science in Computer Science.
The program specializes in hardware, software, networking and state-of-the-art knowledge. You'll have the opportunity to study a variety of topics such as object-oriented systems development, graphics, networks and database systems. Our program provides you the opportunity to develop marketable technical skills for the quickly evolving information-based society.
Concentrations are designed for computer science graduates as well as those from other disciplines.
You'll select your courses of study to build on your knowledge, skills and interests. A close collaboration between you and the faculty ensures that individual goals meet with department standards. A departmental graduate advisor is available to all students.
You can complete your master's degree on-campus or 100% online.
Computer Science is one of the fastest growing job fields. Every industry has computer science needs, and our graduates find work in many different sectors. They land great jobs, too. Money Magazine recently rated "Software Engineer" as the most desirable job in America.
While you can complete the program in as few as two years, you have six years to complete the program.
*View the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Research Scientists (visited March 28, 2018).
Degrees and Other Information
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant aspects of mathematics.
- Demonstrate proficiency with logic, algorithms and data structures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with computer programming languages and different programming paradigms.
- Demonstrate proficiency in software design and development methods.
- Demonstrate the effective communication skills through the team collaboration.
The Spring 2024 application completion deadline for the on-campus M.S. in Computer Science program is September 15, 2023. All application materials must be received by this deadline. Admission notifications for the M.S in Computer Science program will be relayed to applicants who met the deadline on Monday, October 16, 2023.
- An official transcript of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. While no specific academic background is required for admission, preference is given to applicants with undergraduate majors in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a related field of study
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
International applicants may be required to submit additional items and can find the most up to date information on the International Admissions page.
If you're an international applicant, you may be required to demonstrate English language proficiency and complete a transcript credential evaluation. For the most up-to-date information on applying and deadlines, please visit International Admissions.