The Engineering Technology Department has many specialized teaching laboratories and resource rooms that support its programs including:
- Technical drawing and architectural design and model-making areas
- Construction technology/management lab
- Electronics and energy management technology labs
- Robotics and automated manufacturing lab
- Materials testing facilities
- Wood and metal fabrication facilities
- Technical theatre design and set construction lab
- Technology education teaching modules
- Specialized computer training lab
- Student study room with networked computers
- Lounge and presentation commons
All programs are supported by computer labs with current state-of-the-art software for CAD, BIM (Building Information Modeling) design, simulation, cost estimating, and project management. Software manufactures include Autodesk; Graphisoft ArchiCAD; Maxwell Systems Quest, Sage Timberline Office Solutions and Primavera Project Planner. These computer labs are supported with color printers and plotters, a high-speed large format plotter, and a 3D modeling printers. You are given a lot of hands-on experience that allows them to master the engineering design method of problem solving that can be applied to their future careers in engineering technology.
Internship opportunities are available but not required.