Gain the needed skills for future employment in applied psychology or related fields, such as counseling and clinical psychology, education, and human services with the Applied Psychology concentration.
- Develop a strong knowledge base in psychology
- Acquire the skills of scientific inquiry, critical thinking, and information literacy
- Cultivate strong written and oral communication skills
If you plan to undertake advanced work in applied psychology and want to seek future employment in related fields, such as counseling and clinical psychology, education, and human services then the applied psychology concentration is for you.
Curriculum and Other Information
- BA, Applied Psychology Concentration, Psychological Science - Program information from the University Catalog.
- BS, Applied Psychology Concentration, Psychological Science - Program information from the University Catalog.
- Four-Year Plans of Study - Required and elective courses for program completion.
Career choices for the psychological science graduate are very broad. The critical thinking, quantitative, and writing skills that are developed in the psychological science major prepare you for a variety of careers, including human services, human resources, marketing, advertising, and sales among others.
You can also pursue advanced degrees in psychology and related disciplines in areas such as developmental, cognitive, biological, industrial/organizational, social, and clinical/counseling psychology. These graduate programs can lead to careers in human resources, mental health and school guidance counseling, teaching, and research.