The Massachusetts Eta Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon National Honorary Mathematics Society was formed at Fitchburg State in fall 2007. For more information about Pi Mu Epsilon see the PME website.
- Chapter Advisor: Mary Ann Barbato
- Chapter President: N/A
- Attendance and presentations at mathematics conferences
- PME Journal Problem Solving Sessions
- Induction Ceremonies
The Mathematics Department hosted an induction ceremony for the Massachusetts Eta Chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon (PME) national mathematics honor society on April 6, 2023.
Student inductees: Cameron Davis, Dylan Dandy, Cooper Rogers, Benjamin Wiita, Fyodor Berkovich (not pictured). Faculty inductees: Jessica Oehrlein, Elisabet Takehana.
Past Student Presentations, Honors, and Induction Ceremony
- 2019 Student Inductees: Marguerite Belcher, Keenan Doyle, Matthew Foster, William Iannacci, Shannon Jackson, Adrianna Keefe, Erinn Melus, Gianna Perella, Nicholas Pruyn
- Fitchburg State Undergraduate Conference on Research and Creative Practice, Spring 2018
- Daniel Hanmore, A Numerical Taylor Series Method for Initial Value Problems
- Zi Lin, Trisection in Origami Geometry
- Laurin Harvey, Music of Pythagoras
- Casey Taylor and Shawna Ryan, An Optimization Problem to Determine the Flattest 5k at Fitchburg State University
- Taylor Lynde and Andrew Mooney, Sabermetrics and Markov Chains: Using Data to Build and Simulate the Optimal Baseball Lineup
- Alexander Cochran and Kristen Windoloski, Budget Minimization: The Application of the Simplex Method to Student Life
2018 Mathematics Awards
- Kristen Windoloski and Daniel Hanmore: Outstanding Mathematics Student of the Year Award
- Alex Cochran: Mathematics Department Scholarship Award
- Andrew White: Mark Snyder Memorial Scholarship Award