Appeal for In-State Residency

All current out-of-state students may request reclassification as a Massachusetts resident by submitting a completed Residency Reclassification Form along with appropriate supporting documentation to the Enrollment Management Office- Attention: Residency Appeal Officer at Fitchburg State University, 160 Pearl Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420 for review.

All students must have been a resident in Massachusetts for a full calendar year prior to applying for residency status.

Any change in a student's classification will be retroactive only to the beginning of the semester for which reclassification is approved.

Residency Reclassification

All deadlines for the payment of tuitions, fees, and other financial obligations remain in force during the pendency of any request for reclassification or appeal.

A student or applicant may appeal a decision to deny his or her reclassification as a non-resident by submitting a written appeal to the Dean of Enrollment Management. The decision on appeal is final and may not be appealed further.