If you were unable to complete a course due to circumstances beyond your control, you may file an online Tuition Appeal. As a general rule, appeals should be submitted within 30 days of separation from the University.
Note: This form only applies to day program courses taken in a Fall or Spring semester.
If approved, a fee waiver of 10% to 100% will be applied to your account. Appeals do not cover room or meal plan, nor do they change the grade assigned by your instructor. Other restrictions apply. Notification of the outcome of your appeal will be sent to your email used in the appeal address within 10 days of the decision. Before submitting your appeal, please review the appeal requirements listed below. Completed appeals are reviewed on the fourth Thursday of the month.
All requests must be submitted via the link above, and must include supporting documentation ( e.g. Enrollment verification form if you attended another college/university, copies of registration form, drop/add forms, medical verification, confirmation of non-attendance from faculty) to be considered complete.
Appeals received without the proper documentation will not be reviewed. The Committee’s decisions are final.
Criteria for Appeals
- Significant illness or injury
- Significant illness or death of an immediate family member
- Military deployment/call to active duty
- Enrollment/attendance at another college/university while never attending class at Fitchburg State University
- Significant unexpected life circumstances that create academic participation or financial hardship