Student Accounts Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19: Student Account FAQs:

Q. Will students receive credit for their room charges?

A. Yes. Students who are leaving campus will receive prorated adjustments; if these adjustments result in an overpayment, then the student will receive a refund. Details will be shared as soon as possible.

Q. Will students receive a credit for their meal plans?

A. Yes. Students will receive a prorated adjustment for meal plans; if these adjustments result in an overpayment, then the student will receive a refund. Details will be shared as soon as they are finalized.

Q. If I have a balance due will I still receive a refund for room and board?

A. Students living in residence hall who move out completely will receive a prorated adjustment of their room and board costs for the semester. The credit will be applied to any outstanding balance owed to the University first; if the credit results in an overpayment on the account, then a refund will be issued. A timeline for posting refunds has not yet been determined. Please continue to check this page for updates.

Q. Will students receive a tuition refund?

A. No. Classes will continue to be held for the remainder of the semester, but via a remote environment.

Q. Is the Student Accounts Office open?

A. For the health and safety of our staff, we have heeded the Governor's advice and the Student Accounts' office is working remotely.  In lieu of leaving a voice message, please email with your name, student ID number and details of your inquiry. As a result of this temporary solution, there may be some  delays  in  receiving  a response. If you would like to speak with a staff member  in more detail, we can schedule a phone appointment.

In addition, students may access their account information online via their ePay site. All payments should be made online via ePay site via electronic check or credit card.

Q. Should I continue to make my Payment Plan Payments?

A. Yes, only housing and meal costs will be prorated. Once those credits have been posted the Payment Plan budget will be adjusted. In an effort to meet the needs of our families who will still owe a balance, but are now expecting an adjustment due to room and board credits, we are delaying the next payment due date to May 1.  

Q. Who will get the refund?

A. All housing and meal adjustments will be posted to the student's account and if there is a credit balance, it will be refunded to the student via ACH refund (PREFERRED). Login to your ePay site to sign up for E-Refunds. (click the link for instructions on how to sign up) or mailed by check to the student. ACH refunds are made electronically into your bank account and are much quicker than receiving a paper check.

Please also make sure you update your address with our registrar's office by logging into your Web4 account. If you are an international student and have a domestic address, please make sure we have it as well.

Student Accounts FAQ:

Q. How do I pay my bill?

A. We encourage you to make your payment online on your ePay site. We accept credit cards, debit cards, checking and savings account payments online.

Q. Does Fitchburg State accept personal checks? Does Fitchburg State accept credit cards?

A. We encourage online payments on our secure site to avoid checks getting lost. We do accept personal checks. We ask that you put the student ID number on the memo line of the check.

Q. What does it mean to have a hold on my account?

A. Holds are placed on a student account when there is an outstanding obligation. This could include such things as: a balance owed on your account, a need to complete a health insurance waiver online or a Federal Authorization form. Please contact student accounts for the reason.

Q. What is the New England Region Program?

A. New England Regional Program (NERP) is a consortium agreement between the six New England States. If you qualify, you may receive a reduction in your out-of-state tuition rate. The NERP rate is 50% above the in-state tuition rate. (I.E. in-state tuition = $485.00, NERP = $727.50.) In addition to being a resident of one of the six New England States, you must be matriculated into a qualified program. Contact the Admissions Office to find out if you are eligible.

Q. What student related functions does the Student Accounts Office handle?

A. Some of the functions of the Student Accounts Office include: generation of student bills, collection of all deposits for the campus, disbursement of financial aid to student accounts, distribution of refunds to students, distribution of book vouchers, cash box lending, processing of health insurance online waivers.

Q. How do I receive an Emergency Loan?

A. Students seeking an emergency loan should contact the Office of Student and Academic Life in the Sanders Administration Building or phone 978-665-3130.

Q. Do you accept post-dated checks?

A. The policy of Fitchburg State University is that post-dated checks will not be accepted as payment. This includes any checks that are intended for payments to an outside agencies such as University Accounting and collection agencies.

Q. What is a Title IV Federal Authorization Form for?

A. If you have federal financial aid such as a Federal Direct Loan, Perkins Loan, Pell Grant, SEOG, Nursing Loan, the university is required to obtain your authorization to pay non-institutional charges, MASSPIRG, summer housing, and or health insurance or other fees. Click here to print an Authorization form (PDF).

Q. How will I know when my refund is available?

A. Financial Aid is disbursed a quickly as possible after attendance has been verified, although students should not anticipate refunds until approximately the middle of the semester. All students will need to establish an eRefund account on the eBill site to receive any excess funds from loans, overpayments, scholarships and grant monies beginning with the Fall 2012 semester. Please set up your eRefund account today to avoid delays. If you have established an eRefund account your funds will be deposited directly to your account of choice, within a week and an email notice will be sent to you.

Q. Is there an ATM machine on campus?

A. Yes, there is an ATM machine located in the G-lobby in Hammond Hall. This ATM machine is facilitated by Enterprise Bank.

Q. Why are the fees higher than the tuition for Fitchburg State University?

A. Fitchburg State University is a state supported institution, the tuition collected is sent to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The fees are used to help support and operate Fitchburg State University.

For additional questions not listed email us at

Questions? Get in Touch!

Student Accounts

Student Accounts is responsible for billing, issuing refunds to students for credit balances, including those generated from Financial Aid disbursements, and the collection of outstanding Perkins and Nursing Loans.
Anthony Student Service Center 108