Established in 2021 to honor and recognize the contributions of graduate adjunct faculty at the University who have advanced, with distinction, the learning experiences of students at the graduate level. Awardees have demonstrated excellence in teaching, made a notable impact on student learning, and exemplified a dedication to innovative instruction.
All adjunct faculty who have taught in a graduate program within Fitchburg State’s School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education for a minimum of 10 semesters (fall/spring/summer) over a 4-year period or have taught a minimum of 20 courses are eligible. The recipient will receive $1,000 and a citation presented annually at a recognition celebration in the spring.
Alumni, faculty, librarians, staff, and students are encouraged to submit a nomination. Nominations should be in the form of a letter addressed to the Graduate Adjunct Faculty Awards Committee and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nomination letters must include a brief statement of rationale for the nomination and should emphasize the nominee's excellence in teaching. Self-nominations will also be accepted.
- Nominations must be submitted to email@example.com
- Nominations are due by December 2, 2022
- Supporting materials due by January 13, 2023
Nominees will be notified of their nomination and must electronically submit supporting materials based on selection criteria below.
● Excellence in teaching
● Development and utilization of high impact learning activities
● Innovation in teaching pedagogy
● Fostering of student engagement
● Graduate student
● An academic dean
● Dean or associate dean of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education
● Department or program chair representative from each school
● Prior graduate adjunct faculty awardees