Nonprofit Management Certificate Scholarship
NewVue Community Stewards and Resident Leadership Institute participants are eligible to apply for an Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development scholarship that will:
- Provide a $798 scholarship that pays for online training that leads to a Nonprofit Management Certificate in collaboration with Fitchburg State University and MindEdge Learning.
- Provide facilitators who will support participants through the program.
- Create a cohort of local non-profit entrepreneurs that can connect with and learn from one another.
- Provide a $350 stipend to participants that successfully complete the full certificate program, participate in the group cohort check-ins and pass the final exam.
This online course introduces learners to current management issues for nonprofit organizations. Video commentary on these crucial topics provides insight into how nonprofit professionals apply key concepts in their own organizations. The self-paced course offers an assortment of interactive exercises, videos, selected readings, case studies, and self- assessments that engage students and provide opportunities to practice effective decision making in a nonprofit setting.
Topics covered in the course:
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Social Media for Nonprofits
View detailed course outline here.
Participants will have access to the course for 1 year. Completion of all components of the material will take approximately 43 hours. This is a non-credit certification program. However, students who successfully complete the certification and pass the final exam, and then later matriculate into a degree program, may obtain undergraduate credits for this course as part of the American Council on Education (ACE) Credit network.
If students do not earn a passing score of 70% on their first attempt, they will have the opportunity to take the exam 2 additional times (3 total attempts). Students must wait 24 hours between exam retakes. A passing score of 70% of above is required to request college credit for this certificate.
Participants will have two weeks to complete each individual module and participate in an online group check-in with the course facilitators.
|Course outline||Start date||Completion date|
|Introduction to Nonprofit Management module||04/25/22|
|Module 1 group check-in||05/06/22|
|Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations||05/09/22|
|Module 2 group check-in||05/20/22|
|Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization||05/23/22|
|Module 3 group check-in||06/03/22|
|Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development||06/06/22|
|Module 4 group check-in||06/17/22|
|Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization||06/20/22|
|Module 5 group check-in||07/01/22|
|One week break July 4|
|How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement||07/11/22|
|Module 6 group check-in||07/22/22|
|Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations||07/25/22|
|Module 7 group check-in||08/05/22|
|Introduction to Grant Writing||08/08/22|
|Module 8 group check-in||08/19/22|
|Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organization||08/22/22|
|Module 9 group check-in||09/02/22|
|Social Media for Nonprofits||09/05/22|
|Module 10 group check-in||09/16/22|
Dr. William Cortezia
Crocker Center for Civic Engagement
Dr. Lisa Moison
Associate Dean, School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education
Scholarship application and deadline:
- Who can apply: past and present NewVue Community Stewards and RLI participants.
- Deadline: 3/25/22
- Ten (10) scholarships will be awarded
- Online scholarship application
- ReImagine North of Main
- Fitchburg State University’s Center for Professional Studies
- Fitchburg State University’s Crocker Center for Civic Engagement
- NewVue Communities
- Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development