As the amount of data stored increases and as hackers become more sophisticated, the need for cybersecurity professionals is greater than ever. With the right cybersecurity knowledge and resources organizations can protect themselves from attacks, theft and destruction. The Center for Professional Studies at Fitchburg State University has partnered with MindEdge to offer a comprehensive array of cybersecurity courses and certificates to help learners master the foundational information needed to be successful in the cybersecurity industry.
From Cloud data security to cryptography, to malware and risk management, the skills taught in our cybersecurity courses will help learners master both technical and non-technical aspects of cybersecurity. Our cybersecurity courses offer videos, interactive games, examples, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
Job Sector Analysis
- “There are more than 500,000 cybersecurity positions open in the U.S. and nearly 15,110 of them are in Massachusetts.”
- Be in high demand as a professional in cybersecurity, the Department of Labor projects 18% job growth in this field by 2024. On average, cybersecurity roles take 21% longer to fill than other IT jobs.
- The New York Times reports there will be 3.5 million open cybersecurity jobs across the globe in 2021.
- 95% of CIOs expect cybersecurity threats to get worse.
Jobs in demand in this field
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Cybersecurity Manager / Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Software Developer / Engineer
- Network Engineer / Architect
- Vulnerability Analyst / Penetration Tester
- Cybersecurity Specialist / Technician