The Workforce Training Fund Program helps address business productivity and competitiveness by providing resources to Massachusetts businesses to fund training for current and newly hired employees. In order for the Massachusetts economy to prosper, businesses need access to a pipeline of skilled workers so they can stay competitive and continue to grow.
Fitchburg State University’s Center for Professional Studies can help your business to access these funds by providing:
- Free grant writing support
- Customizable employee training programs
- Train and upskill your current workforce
Contact our office at 978.665.3636 or email us at email@example.com to learn how to begin the grant application process.
The Workforce Training Fund is for businesses of all sizes, but its major focus is small to medium-sized businesses. There are two types of grants to support the training needs of businesses across the state.
About the Workforce Training Fund Program
- Express Program - The Express Program provides employers fast, simple access to grant-funded training, helping businesses in Massachusetts respond to emerging needs. It is designed to help businesses respond quickly to change and keep employees engaged. With bite-size grants for just-in-time training and no waiting periods between grants, Express is the fastest path to funding, enhanced with an even more flexible directory of training options and six quick steps to success.
- General Program - Via General Program Training Grants, Businesses can apply for a grant up to $250,000. Employers, employer organizations, labor organizations, training providers, and consortia of such entities are encouraged to apply for funds to train current and newly hired workers. You may use a training provider of your choice. Training programs must be completed within two years.
Additional Commonwealth Competitive grant funding created in partnership with the Commonwealth Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development.
- RENEW Demonstration Grant
- Workforce Competitive Trust Fund
- SCALE Planning Grants
- Employment Program for Young Adults with Disabilities
- Re-Entry Workforce Development Demonstration Program