Graduate and Continuing Education courses, including online courses, require payment at the time of registration. Please make your online payment here.
Please Note: Non-Payment Will Result in the Course(s) Being Administratively Withdrawn.
The following methods may be used to pay your account:
- Secure Online Payments (All major credit cards accepted, as well as ACH payments from your checking or savings account)
- Personal or bank check payments or money orders
- Cash (in person)
- Approved and accepted financial aid
- Grad/CE Payment Plan for Fall and Spring only (Not available for our Accelerated Online Programs)
International Students may use our newly offered Payment Plan specifically created for you.
To make payments, Fitchburg State University has partnered with Flywire to streamline the tuition payment process for our International Students. Flywire allows you to pay from any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard. You will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Fitchburg State University.
If you have financial aid, please contact the Student Accounts Office to inform us you will be using your financial aid as credit towards your account. Financial aid must be approved and accepted to be used as credit.
Tuition Waivers & Vouchers
If you plan to use a tuition waiver or voucher as partial payment for your course(s), the form must be remitted prior to the payment deadline. You are strongly encouraged to verify your eligibility prior to registration, as you are responsible for paying the charges assessed to your account. Not all tuition waivers apply to all programs, such as those offered through Graduate and Continuing Education or the Center for Professional Studies. Should you have questions regarding the applicability of your waiver to a particular program or course, please contact the Student Accounts Office.
To be eligible for Massachusetts State Veteran Tuition Waivers, students must:
- Be matriculated in either an undergraduate degree or certificate program, through the Admissions Office, at least 10 days prior to the beginning of a semester.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year.
- Provide documentation of eligibility when applying, including:
- DD214 etc.
- Vietnam Veteran
- Service between Feb. 1, 1955, and May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf War
- Aug. 2, 1990 – Undetermined
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- National Defense Medal
- Armed Forces.
Expeditionary Service Medal constitutes war time service in the Persian Gulf War. Limit 130 credits.
No refunds or changes in status will be made upon late submission of veterans papers. All veterans are required to pay fees, regardless of tuition exemptions. For veteran information, please consult the Office of the Registrar at 978.665.3490.
Not all tuition waivers apply to non-state funded programs, such as those offered through Graduate and Continuing Education or the Center of Professional Studies.
Massachusetts state law requires that all undergraduate students registered for 9 or more semester hours and graduate students registered for 6.75 or more credits have health insurance. If you have comparable coverage, an online health waiver must be submitted each semester you are assessed. If you are charged for the insurance, please follow the online waiver instructions. Please visit University Health Plans if you need information regarding the health insurance coverage.
Students Over Sixty Years Of Age
There is no tuition charge for students over 60 years of age who enroll in most credit-bearing graduate or undergraduate courses (excluding our Accelerated Online Programs). However, these students must pay all appropriate fees. Senior citizens are welcome to enroll in any class, provided space is available, after the registration of tuition-paying students. The following criteria must be met for eligibility:
- Massachusetts resident for at least one year prior to the start of the academic year and maintain such residency throughout the entire period of eligibility.
- U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.
- Enrolled in a public university on-campus undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate program.
- Not in default of any Federal or State Loan for attendance at any institution or owe a refund for any previous student financial aid received.
- Complete all verification requirements mandated by the U.S. Department of Education and the institution when requested.
Students auditing classes pay regular tuition and fees.