Skip to main content

Exchange programs with foreign universities










Thomas Begin, a Film/Video major, studied abroad in Stuttgart -- read his testimonial!

What is an exchange program?

These programs offer a traditional exchange experience, and include you paying Fitchburg State tuition & fees as you normally would. Students participating on a faculty led program must request an official transcript. Additional fees would come in the form of transportation costs, housing and a student visa.

How do I apply?

If you would like to apply to any of these universities, complete an application. Exchange programs and any provider-led programs include courses taught at foreign universities and require additional paperwork (the Preliminary Registration Approval Form (PDF), or "PRAF,") for credits to transfer.

See the Study Abroad Advisor for assistance with this form, and we will work with your Departmental Advisor and the Registrar for course approvals.

*Prices are subject to change according to currency conversion rate fluctuations. 

Where can I study on an exchange program?

Currently, we offer exchange programs with foreign universities in the following countries:

For more information on our exchange programs with foreign universities, please contact

Adam DeBenedictis, a Film/Video major who studied abroad in Stuttgart.