Important Program Details
- We offer both online accelerated and on campus versions of the MBA and Education programs. The online accelerated programs run in a 7 week rotation while the on campus versions run the standard 14 week semesters. The courses within each program are not interchangeable, so those in the online accelerated programs will need to make sure to be looking in the appropriate area for classes and contact information.
- On campus MBA students should not contact MBA@fitchburgstate.edu for assistance.
A graduate student will be placed on probation if:
- Their overall GPA falls below 3.0.
- They receive a failing grade (below 2.0) in any course; students who fail a course must retake the course the next time it is offered in order to replace the failing grade with a passing grade.
Students on probation have one year to raise their GPA to 3.0 or better. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.
A graduate student enrolled in a program may be dismissed if:
- The student is found in violation of the Academic Integrity Policy
- The student violates ethical/professional standards as defined by the profession and/or the academic department
- The student receives failing grades (below 2.0) in two or more courses
- The student’s GPA remains below 3.0 for three consecutive semesters
A graduate student who is dismissed from a program may seek readmission after one semester, but the decision for readmission rests with the department and/or the Dean of the School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education, and is considered final.
- MBA@fitchburgstate.edu. This email address is appropriate for all questions related to the online accelerated MBA program. You can expect a return response within 24 hours by our program coordinator.
- The School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education can be reached at 978.665.3182 or email@example.com - SGOCE is an appropriate contact for any questions you have regarding student petitions, dismissals, probation and any other administrative issues.