Copying and Digital Printing
- B&W high-speed copying
- Full color digital printing
- Saddle-stitch binding
- Square-fold binding
- Three-hole drilling
- Finish trimming
- High quality scanning
- Clear spot/varnish toner
- For jobs that are ready to copy, PDF files are preferred. Email your PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org. One attachment per email, please. Include instructions in the body of your email such as: quantity, paper choice, finishing (1 or 2 sided, staple, 3-hole drill, or booklet format), contact info, department name, projected due date, and FOAPAL (if applicable). You do not need a copy order form unless you are scanning a hardcopy to us via the Print Services button on your departmental copier or submitting a hard copy through campus mail. Please indicate if the printing is for an SGOCE course.
- You may be asked to approve a proof of your copy or printout, depending on the quantity or complexity of your request.
- Submitted jobs must meet university and copyright guidelines (PDF).
- If you need help designing your project, we offer design services.
- When submitting a hardcopy, please fill out a copy request form (PDF) and include it with your original job. Scan and email the job to email@example.com by using any Ricoh multifunction device on campus, or you can send it by inter-campus mail. Please avoid staples or paperclips for problem-free processing.
- Most "ready-to-copy" jobs are completed within 24 hours and can be delivered by Materials Management to your department's office. If you’d prefer to pick-up your job, please notify us when you place your order.
- Requests with high quantities (more than 1,000 total copies) and/or bindery work (folding, cutting, hand stapling, hand collating, binding, mailing, etc.) are likely to take longer.
Wide Format Printing and Vinyl Cutting
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- A-frame signs
- Banners (up to 50" tall, grommets added where desired)
- Pull-up displays
- Mounted signs, posters or photos (up to 40" x 60")
- Vinyl lettering for walls/glass/vehicles
- Vehicle graphics
- Window-perf displays
- Standard matte paper: Used for most indoor, temporary sign projects
- Photo paper: Best for long-term photos being displayed indoors
- Tyvek: Light-weight material, waterproof, tear-proof, great for indoor/outdoor banners
- Repositionable adhesive: General purpose, and Extra-tac for heavy/outdoor use
- Perforated window cling: Allows design to be viewed externally, but does not obstruct vision through the window from inside.
- Adhesive vinyl: Create custom lettering for walls and signage in a choice of color. Frosted vinyl can be used on glass to create the look of etched glass. We also offer opaque adhesive vinyl for full color cut out prints.
Bindery and Finishing
- Saddle stitching
- Square folding
- GBC (comb) binding
- Coil binding
- Installation of signage/vinyl lettering/large graphics
Graphic design services include, but are not limited to:
- Signs and banners
- Pull-up displays
- Report covers
- Web graphics
- Hang tags
- Typable PDFs
- Vinyl lettering designs for glass or walls
When you're ready to submit your design request, please provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Finalized, edited raw text
- Custom photos (or we can find you a photo)
- Size specifications
- FOAPAL account number to be billed
- Preferences or pertinent information
- Projected due date
Once we have formatted the text and have a design to present to you, all further editing notes will need to be made on the PDF proof version itself. We discourage resubmitting the text at this point.
When a proof for your job is completed we will send an email with a PDF attachment for your review. Editing notes may be indicated by using the Markup Tools available in Adobe Acrobat. For a great presentation and tutorial on how to use the tools in Acrobat, refer to the Adobe Acrobat mark-up tools tutorial. The tutorial presentation is brief and informative.
You may print the proof and hand write the edits if that works easier for you. If you'd prefer a printed proof at any time, please let us know when you submit the job, or at any time during proofing.
Let us personalize your design with variable data. We can utilize information as simple as a name, major, or hobby together with specific photography and graphics, to personalize direct mail and give your message more impact.
Instead of printing a form and filling it in by hand, let us design a typeable PDF for you. Electronically post or email to users and add functionality to your PDFs.
Mailing services include:
- Presorting of mailing lists to minimize mailing cost and insure prompt handling of mailing piece by USPS - this includes checking for duplicate names, processing through the NCOA (National Change of Address) service, and printing of all USPS required forms
- Direct imprint of addresses on mailing pieces including indicia (mailing permit) as well as additional marketing messages and full color images
- Folding and inserting of mailing pieces into envelopes and all bindery functions required to meet USPS regulations