Fitchburg State University creates a culture of assessment through collaborative planning, systematic implementation, and rigorous analysis of collected data to make informed decisions that strengthen the learning experiences of students and enhance the operation of the institution.
The University Assessment Research Committee (UARC) sustains and improves the institution’s academic programming, accreditation requirements and overall performance, through a systematic approach to assessing student learning outcomes, student success measures and institutional performance measures.
The UARC’s charge is to work, in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research and Planning (OIRP), and Academic Departments to:
- Review, continuously monitor, and facilitate analysis of university-wide data that will improve institutional performance;
- Facilitate departmental and program level student learning assessment activities that sustain regional (i.e., NECHE) and discipline specific professional accreditation;
- Facilitate departmental level performance assessment activities that will improve institutional performance (UARC members will be their departmental assessment representatives and assist Chairs in completing assessment reports);
- Support OIRP research designed to document, measure, and assess the university’s comprehensive and ongoing LA&S program, as needed;
- Identify and recommend assessment-related professional development opportunities for the university community to support the assessment of university programs;
- Champion assessment culture across the institution and Inform FSU faculty and staff of assessment-related tasks and deadlines critical for the continuous improvement and assessment of programs, departments, colleges, and the University.
- Review and provide feedback on campus-wide assessment reports (MS Word) using a rubric (MS Word)
UARC membership reflects constituencies across Academic Affairs in order to promote collaboration, communication, and collegiality regarding university-wide assessment measures. UARC is composed of the following representatives and serve for a two year appointment.
- Academic Dean (1)
- Assistant Vice-President for Institutional Research and Planning (1) (Chair)
- The Director of Assessment (1)
- Chair LA&S Committee (1)
- CTL Director (1)
- One Representative from every Academic Department and the Library (16)
2021-2022 Meeting Dates
Included here is graduate and undergraduate institutional survey data. If the survey data you are seeking is not included here or you would like this data disaggregated, contact Cate Kaluzny at email@example.com for further assistance.
Fitchburg State University launched the First, Third and Fifth Year Alumni surveys in Spring of 2018. This will be an annual endeavor to develop some trends over time.
- First-Year Alumni Feedback (2017-18 Graduates)(PDF)
- First-Year Alumni Feedback (2016-17 Graduates) (PDF)
- Third-Year Alumni Feedback (2015-16 Graduates)(PDF)
- Third-Year Alumni Feedback (2014-15 Graduates) (PDF)
- Fifth-Year Alumni Feedback (2013-14 Graduates) (PDF)
- Fifth-Year Alumni Feedback (2012-13 Graduates) (PDF)
Graduating Student Feedback: All Students
- Graduating Student Feedback 2018-19 AY (PDF)
- Graduating Student Feedback Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Student Survey 2017-18 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Student Survey 2016-17 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Student Survey 2015-16 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Student Survey 2014-15 (PDF)
Graduating Student Feedback: Undergraduate Students Only
- Graduating Undergraduate Student Feedback 2018-19 AY (PDF)
- Graduating Undergraduate Student Feedback Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Undergraduate Student Survey 2017-18 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Undergraduate Student Survey 2016-17 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Undergraduate Student Survey 2015-16 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Undergraduate Student Survey 2014-15 (PDF)
Graduating Student Feedback: Graduate Students Only
- Graduating Graduate Student Feedback 2018-19 AY (PDF)
- Graduating Graduate Student Feedback Spring 2018 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Graduate Student Survey 2017-18 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Graduate Student Survey 2016-17 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Graduate Student Survey 2015-16 (PDF)
- Previous Graduating Graduate Student Survey 2014-15 (PDF)
Fitchburg State University administers the NSSE instrument to our first year students and seniors every other Spring semester.
Campus Climate Survey
Click here for more information on our latest campus climate survey.
See all our Accreditations.
Fitchburg State University is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Accreditation of an institution of higher education by NECHE indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one of which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purpose thorough appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.
General inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the University. Please contact:
Dr. Catherine R. Canney
Interim Provost/Vice President, Academic Affairs