During the coronavirus pandemic, we understand that receiving your immunization records by your doctor may not be possible. Most practices have a patient portal for the patient to access their health records, please inquire with your practitioner if that is a possibility. If not, we ask that you obtain your most recent immunizations even if they are more than one year old. Please fill out the second page of the Student Immunization packet and attach your most recent record of immunizations or have your practitioner complete the immunization record page (pg. 3 of the packet). Please submit all documentation via an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 978.665.4715. You can also upload through your Admissions Application Status Page and upload under Health Forms. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call: 978.665.3889.
The university requires a completed Student Immunization Record and the following state required immunizations be submitted to the university for all full time students and all international students both undergraduate and graduate. If you are entering the university in September you need to return the completed form by August 15. If you are entering the university for the January term then you need to submit the completed form by December 28.
- Complete the Student Immunization Packet (PDF). If you choose to submit the immunization record that your medical provider gave you, please submit the first page of the Student Immunization packet, to provide us with your emergency contact information, and attach the document your medical provider provided for you.
- Two (2) doses of MMR vaccine or a positive blood titer
- One dose of TDAP vaccine within the past 10 years
- Three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine or a positive blood titer
- MenACWY (formerly MCV4) meningococcal vaccine or a signed waiver Meningitis Waiver Form (PDF)
- Two varicella vaccines for chickenpox or a documented history of the disease or a positive blood titer.
- **Influenza 1 dose; seasonal influenza vaccine for the current flu season must be received annually. The requirement applies to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students under 30 years of age and all full and part-time health science students who attend any classes or activities on campus, even once.
**UPDATE January 2021: The influenza vaccine is no longer required by the State of Massachusetts, but strongly encouraged by Fitchburg State University.
Required for International Students
- Tuberculosis PPD (Mantoux) test given within the last year Chest x-ray if TB test is positive
Health Insurance Requirement
All international students taking classes on campus are required to enroll in the Fitchburg State University student health insurance plan and will be responsible for the fee. The policy is effective from August 1 to July 31. Current rates can be found on our student health insurance page.
Failure to comply with these requirements may prohibit you from registering for future classes. However, if an international student has comparable coverage they may request a waiver by sending a copy of their health insurance policy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding student health insurance, please contact Student Accounts at 978.665.4126 or by email email@example.com.
Primary Care Services are available at Community Health Connections (CHC) in Fitchburg. To schedule a physical, call 978.878.8100. If you are currently in the military or were previously in the military please notify us immediately. We will also accept your DD 214 form.