- Managing Your Online Time
- 6 Ways to Be a Better Online Teacher
- 10 Principles of Effective Online Teaching
- Motivate and Engage Online Learners All Semester Long
- Engaging the Online Learner: Activities and Resources for Creative Instruction
- Continuing to Engage the Online Learner: More Activities and Resources for Creative Instruction
- *Creating a Sense of Presence in Online Teaching: How to “Be There” for Distance Learners (Library LB1044.87.L439 2010)
- The Online Teaching Survival Guide
- *Managing Online Instructor Workload: Strategies for Finding Balance and Success (Library LC5803.C65C66 2011)
- Handbook of Distance Education
- *Effective Online Teaching: Foundations and Strategies for Student Success (Library LB1044.87.S846 2011)
- *Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards-Based Guide (Library LB1044.87.V35 2011)
- *Making Online Teaching Accessible: Inclusive Course Design for Students with Disabilities (Library LC4024.C66 2010)
- Discussion-Based Online Teaching to Enhance Student Learning: Theory, Practice and Assessment
- *Online Learning and Assessment in Higher Education: A Planning Guide (Library LB2395.7.B46 2010)
*Use ILLiad to request any of the print library books above and have them delivered directly to your home or campus office. Access any of the library eBooks by clicking on the title and logging in with your faculty Falcon Key. You can also use ILLiad to request the non-library books through the Library's Interlibrary Loan Service.
The Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Fitchburg State University supports a wide variety of programs for full-time and adjunct faculty and librarians. The CTL also has a series of resources for Distance Education.
Organizations and Associations
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning into the mainstream of education through its community. Sloan-C is dedicated to providing access to high quality e-Education to individuals, institutions, professional societies and the corporate community. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Sloan-C is now a nonprofit 501(c)(3), member-sustained organization.
The United States Distance Learning Association was the first nonprofit Distance Learning association in the United States to support Distance Learning research, development and praxis across the complete arena of education, training and communications.