Articles and Resources
- Calculating Online Student Engagement Time (PDF)
- 10 Best Practices to be an Effective Online Teacher
- Student Engagement: 5 Strategies to Motivate the Online Learner
- Best Practices in Engaging Online Learners Through Active and Experiential Learning Strategies (Best Practices in Online Teaching and Learning)
- Teaching in the Online Classroom: Surviving and Thriving in the New Normal
- Humanizing Online Teaching and Learning
- Excellent Online Teaching: Effective Strategies For a Successful Semester Online
- The Complete Guide to Blended Learning: Activating Agency, Differentiation, Community, and Inquiry for Students (Essential guide to strategies and ... student learning in blended environments)
- Essentials of Online Course Design: A Standards-Based Guide (Essentials of Online Learning)
- Reach Everyone, Teach Everyone: Universal Design for Learning in Higher Education (Teaching and Learning in Higher Education)
- Discussion-Based Online Teaching to Enhance Student Learning: Theory, Practice and Assessment
- *Online Learning and Assessment in Higher Education: A Planning Guide (Library LB2395.7.B46 2010)
*Use ILLiad to request any of the print library books above and have them delivered directly to your home or campus office. Access any of the library eBooks by clicking on the title and logging in with your faculty Falcon Key. You can also use ILLiad to request the non-library books through the Library's Interlibrary Loan Service.
The Center for Teaching and Learning
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Fitchburg State University supports a wide variety of programs for full-time and adjunct faculty and librarians.
Organizations and Associations
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is a collaborative community of higher education leaders and innovators, dedicated to advancing quality digital teaching and learning experiences designed to reach and engage the modern learner – anyone, anywhere, anytime. OLC inspires innovation and quality through an extensive set of resources, including best-practice publications, quality benchmarking, leading-edge instruction, community-driven conferences, practitioner-based and empirical research, and expert guidance. The growing OLC community includes faculty members, administrators, trainers, instructional designers, and other learning professionals, as well as educational institutions, professional societies, and corporate enterprises. The Online Learning Consortium, Inc. is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization.
The United States Distance Learning Association was the first nonprofit Distance Learning association in the United States to support Distance Learning research, development and praxis across the complete arena of education, training and communications.