Purpose of Award
The award honors faculty who have demonstrated superior service to the academy, the university, and our broad community. Recipients have a distinguished and prolonged level of involvement and are exemplary university citizens who have applied their role as good stewards of place to both improve student learning and improve the quality of life for both our campus and our wide-ranging community.
Faculty members who have held full-time, continuous appointments at Fitchburg State for a minimum of five years. Previous recipients will not be eligible for a period of five years.
To nominate yourself or another faculty member for this prestigious award, address a letter to the Faculty Service Award Committee, c/o Joanne Rivard (email@example.com), by December 1, 2023. Nominated faculty will be notified of their nomination in the following week in an email from the office of the provost that also seeks their acceptance of the nomination.
Nominees shall submit a dossier with a curriculum vitae, supporting documentation, and a letter of collegial testimony to the Faculty Service Award Committee, c/o Joanne Rivard (firstname.lastname@example.org), by January 16, 2024.
Description of the Award
The Faculty Service Award will consist of a $3000 check, a campus parking space for one year, acknowledgement in the May commencement program, and a recognition at the annual faculty awards event in May.
Composition of the Award Committee
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and previous years' recipients will review applications and nominations. Each year, the most recent recipient is added to the selection committee.
Each applicant should provide sufficient supporting material for the committee to evaluate. Such material should include at least the following information:
- A statement certifying that the applicant meets the eligibility requirements.
- A biographical sketch and/or curriculum vitae or resume, which must include a record of his or her service record.
- Complete documentation attesting to the applicant’s superior service.
Contribution to the University Mission
The faculty member's service provides a meaningful benefit to the University, his or her profession, and/or the regional community. The faculty member’s contribution will fall within one or more types of service.
Examples of service include, but are not limited to:
- Contributions through committee work
- Student recruitment and retention
- Application of expertise to benefit the University and its community through participation and service to university and community organizations, professional associations, and/or other university governance bodies
- Advancement of public support for the University
- Lectures and seminars to community groups.
- The faculty member's service has a significant effect on the campus or broader communities.
- The faculty member's service demonstrates leadership and initiative.
- 2023 - Danielle Wigmore (read more)
- 2022 - Sean Goodlett
- 2021 - Meledath Govindan
- 2020 - jenn berg
- 2019 - Eric Budd
- 2018 - Megan Krell
- 2017 - Elizabeth Gordon
- The faculty member has made a consistent service contribution.
- The faculty member's service record represents multiple years of commitment.
If you have any questions, please email Joanne Rivard at email@example.com.