If you currently attend Fitchburg State University and you have not satisfied the College Level Mathematics Readiness Standard, please read the standard below. You are encouraged to take the ACCUPLACER Algebra placement test prior to or during your first year and to then take the required math courses as early as possible.
College Level Mathematics Readiness Requirement (MRR)
Meeting the College Level Mathematics Readiness Standard is required to determine your level of preparation for success in university level mathematics courses.
The College Level Mathematics Readiness Standard can be met in one of the following ways:
- Achieve a passing score on the math placement test appropriate for your major.
- Receive university level transfer credit for Calculus I or higher.
- Pass Basic Math II at Fitchburg State University.
- For transfer students who enter Fitchburg State University in Fall 2017 or later, it suffices to have passed the Elementary Algebra Accuplacer placement test or a course equivalent to Basic Math II at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- For transfer students who enter Fitchburg State University in Fall 2017 or later, it suffices to have transferred in a college level mathematics course taken at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.